The Property Search
1. The search process is all about you. To begin the process, we ask you to fill in our search brief as to what type of property you are looking for and your general requirements.
2. Following this, we will discuss your requirements with you on the telephone to ensure that we have as much information as possible before starting the search. House hunting is a very personal business, so the more we know about you, your family and the way you live the better.
3. Now we start the extensive search, doing all the leg work for you. This can take time but we will keep in touch with you throughout the process. We will provide you with regular updates by email or phone and, of course, you can always e-mail or telephone us whenever you need to. We are a completely independent and not tied to any estate agency – we are acting exclusively for you, with only your interests in mind.
4. Our search will include visiting all the local agents and notaires on your behalf as well as scanning local papers and the internet for private sales. We will then view all properties that seem to fit your brief, all over the region.
5. After this, we will put together a full report on all suitable properties that we believe meet your brief including photos and locations with a suggested shortlist for viewing from the possible dozens we will have seen.
6. Next we will arrange a viewing schedule for you at a time that is convenient for you. We will organize all the details, accompany you on all visits, translate for you and offer our honest and unbiased advice. Remember that we live in the area too and are happy to share our knowledge with you. We want to make the search and buying process as stress-free and enjoyable as possible for you.
7. Once you have decided on the property for you, we will negotiate the best possible price. Because we are based in the region, we have a very good idea what price a house should be and how much room for negotiation there is within an asking price. We can also ensure that a seller is not quoting one price to local buyers and another to foreigners.
8. We will guide you through the purchasing process and beyond: explaining the documents you will receive, accompanying you to the signing, if required, putting you in touch with local artisans, helping you to sort out banking and insurance and recommending currency brokers.
9. Using a professional search agent can save you thousands of euros in wasted visits. It gives you peace of mind and leaves you safe in the knowledge that you have thoroughly scoured the market for the best deal possible.
10. To commission us to undertake a property search, contact Val Walmsley by email or call +33 (0)5 49 63 93 42 and we will send you a search brief for completion and a copy of our terms and conditions.